GORILLA LAX TRAINING APP
Frequently Asked Questions
Below is a series of Frequently Asked Questions about the Gorilla Lax Training App. If you have any other questions you would like us to answer, please email us at
What Skills do I do?
Once you click the “Skills” icon after logging in, you will be taken to a series of Skills categories that have been specifically assigned to you based on your team/age level. Each skills category introduces anywhere from six to 10 skills that you must complete. Each skill has a specific number of points that you can earn by completing the skill successfully.
Are the skills appropriate for all levels?
Yes. The skills presented have been developed with skill and age in mind. Paul Rabil has created a robust series of skills drills that will challenge all skill levels, including the most elite.
How do I load a video?
You have two options. You can video yourself and save your videos to your Camera Roll for posting to the app at a later time. You can also use the upload now option through the app. By doing that, you should set up your camera in a place where you can be viewed (or have a family member video you).
What if I mess up on my first take?
The skills are meant to be challenging. If you are not able to complete the skills challenge, you can simply retake the video. The app allows for an unlimited amount of retakes so that you can perfect your skills before uploading your video for coach feedback.
Do I have to do all of the skills?
The skills challenges have been designed for your level. Although the level of difficulty may vary, the progression is very important. All players should be committed to the process of completing all of the skills.
Do I have to complete the skills in order?
The training app does not require you to complete the skills in the order of least to most points. However, the best practice – and that which is suggested by Gorilla coaches – would be for players to complete the skills in the level they are presented. By doing that, you are building your skills base and helping to master the basics before taking on the greatest challenge in a specific challenge.
How do I get points?
In order to earn points, you must watch the skills video, practice the skill and then complete the skills challenge by following the directions and uploading your video. Your Virtual Coach will then watch the video and provide feedback. You only earn points if you successfully complete the skill.
How long does it take for me to receive feedback on my video?
The response time from the Virtual Coaches varies, but most coaches are able to provide and post feedback within 12 to 24 hours.
How do I know when my coach posts feedback?
Log back into the app and go to that completed skills training. Your Virtual Coach icon will have a bubble icon which you can click to see the coach comments. Each comment lets you know how you did and provides feedback on how you can improve.
Who shows up on the Leaderboard?
Once you click “Leaderboard” you have the option to view several leaderboards, including the “Gorilla Lax Leaderboard” which features points earned by all Gorilla players. To select or toggle between Leaderboards, click the dropdown located in blue font below the top Leaderboard header.
How do I get the app?
After completing the user registration form (click here), you will receive complete download instructions.
Why do I have to fill out a registration form?
The training app was designed for Gorilla lax players. In order to ensure that we have the information on file for our players to communicate changes and enhancements, we ask that all players fill out the player/user form prior to receiving download instructions.
How much does it cost?
The training app is free of cost for all Gorilla players. Gorilla Lax is committed to helping you develop your skills at home, so we will be covering 100% of the cost associated with this high-level training.
What if the app is not working right for me?
Any technical questions about the app can be directed to our partner, TopYa! at
. They will be happy to work through any technical problems you have.
Is there an age requirement?
The training app is appropriate for all ages. However, anyone under the age of thirteen (13) is permitted but the social features require acknowledgement by your Sponsor—such as parent(s), legal guardian(s) or an adult coach who has received written permission from your parent(s) or legal guardian to use the Service.
How Can My Under 13 Kid View/Purchase/Upload Content?
If your Kid is under the age of 13, you will need to give them permission to access and upload content in TopYa!. This can be done using two different methods:
1) If you receive a text message or email requesting you to grant your Kid access, your first step is to make sure you are logged out of any TopYa! account on your device. This would be the case if you and your Kid share the same device for using TopYa!. You can then either click on the link from the email or text which will prompt you to create an account and then add your kid or...
2) You can add your Kid once your Parent profile is created by entering the invite code for your Kid into the Profile-Settings-Invite Code tab. You will then be asked if you want to add your Kid. Once added, you can access their permissions settings by going to My Kids-Settings icon and scrolling down to the edit button.
How Do I Change My Kid's Permissions?
If you are a Parent looking to change your Kid’s Permissions, simply go to your Parent Homepage and click “My Kids.” Click on the Kid whose Permissions need to be changed then click on the blue “Setting” icon. This will bring you to an area that will allow you to set the following permissions:
• Can Post Videos
• Can Add Friends
• Can Purchase Skills
• Can Stream Videos To the Web
How Do I Link both the Parent and Child Accounts?
If your Kid is under the age of 13, you will need to give them permission to access and upload content in TopYa!. Creating/ linking both a Parent and Player account can be done using a few different methods:
1) We always suggest to create a Parent Profile first. This will allow you to establish any teams or clubs that your children may be associated with. This will also give you an option to create an account for your Kid(s). This is the easiest way to link accounts.
2) If your Kid already has an account and you received a text message or email requesting permission to grant your Kid access, your first step is to make sure you are logged out of any TopYa! account on your device. This would be the case if you and your Kid share the same device for using TopYa!. You can then either click on the link from the email or text which will prompt you to create an account and then add your kid.
3) If you AND your Kid have already created accounts separately then you can still link them together. To do this from the Parent account, click on “My Kids” and then “Add a Kid.” Follow the prompts. Your Kid will have to accept this Invitation from their account by clicking on the red Notification link in the top right corner of their Homepage. There should be a Notification to Accept the Parent Request. Similarly, your Kid can add a Parent to their account by going to “Settings” then “Invite Your Parent.”
After entering the Parent’s Username and following the prompts, the Parent will have to accept the Kid’s request by going to their Homescreen and clicking on the red Notification tab in the top right corner.